I love gadgets! It's a chronic affliction that I have suffered enjoyed all my life. And the best medicine is a shopping trip to Williams-Sonoma. When I walk through their door, it's like I just entered heaven through the pearly gates. Trumpets sound majestically, and the beauty of all the shiny appliances artfully arranged, makes me stop for a second and just gawk. Such a spectacular I must be, drooling, laughing, and doing my happy dance.
It doesn't faze me the least that the other shoppers shy away from me just because I salivate allover the All-Clad pans. And I could care less if I frighten little children when I scream with delight at the new seasonal displays. I mean for gosh sakes the Nordic ware is always amazing.... who wouldn't cry out hysterically?
But I really recommend that the President of the company order defibrillators for all the stores. And it would be great if all employees completed CPR classes. I suggest this because surely I'm not the only one to have swooned at the sight of the Star Wars Cookie Cutter set.
I could babble on and on. But I need a nap soon have important things to do. So let me present to you my newest purchase... Lattice Pocket Pie Mold.
1 package store bought pie dough
2-3 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup blackberry jam
1-1/2 teaspons corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix jam and cornstarch together. Add blackberries and set aside.
3. Remove dough from packaging, place 1 round on a work surface. Gently roll to flatten edges, but do not roll dough and thinner.
4. Cut out solid shapes and lattice tops.
5. Place a solid shape into the bottom half of the mold. Gently press dough into the mold. Add 2-3 tablespoons blackberries.
6. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Place lattice on top, close divice to seal and crimp. Remove from mold and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Repeat with the remaining dough. Brush the top of the pies with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar.